We are looking for customer-focused individuals to assist the Chefs with the production and presentation of fresh food to the highest standard, as agreed with the Executive Chef. To actively engage with our clients, exceeding their expectations and ensuring all aspects of the customer journey are effectively delivered. Includes general kitchen and equipment cleaning duties. Flexibility, sound communication skills, initiative and a strong work ethic is essential. A basic Food Hygiene certificate along with previous experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
Flexible four to five hour shifts, working predominantly Monday to Friday between the hours of 06:30 and 22:30.
To actively engage with our clients, exceeding their expectations and ensuring all aspects of the customer journey are effectively delivered.
To take on the responsibility of maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen, including the washing up of dishes and pots, maintaining a high standard of hygiene in the kitchen at all times.
- Assist in the preparation of meals as requested by the Chef in charge, ensuring that high standards are maintained in all areas.
- To ensure all surfaces, preparation and production areas are cleaned down and left tidy for the next service.
- To ensure all agreed standards of cleaning are achieved and maintained as requested by the Chef in charge, both as a routine cleaning and during quiet periods, a more detailed cleaning.
- To ensure all storage areas are kept tidy and ready for each service.
- Inform Chef in charge of any poor quality foods or deliveries. Ensure food is stored correctly after preparation and before service.
- To provide appropriate cover within the pot wash area, as and when required.
- Any other duties as requested by the Chef in charge, relevant to this position.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by a member of management in a timely and cost effective manner.
Health and Safety
You must ensure that all Health, Safety and Security regulations are adhered to at all times, this includes the fire procedures, manual handling and VDU regulations, all of which you will be made aware. Please ensure that you report any faults or infringements of these procedures or act immediately where appropriate to correct them. You have a duty to carry out work so that you never put yourself or others at risk, creating a safer working environment for everyone.
Learning and Development
The Møller Centre has a Company Business Plan which sets out the aims and objectives of the Centre and what we hope to achieve. As part of the process of achieving these objectives, we are committed to develop all our staff.
You will be provided with all the relevant statutory training required for you to carry out your role safely and further development requirements would be discussed at your personal development review.