Full time – 37.5 hours per week, 09.00-17.00, Monday to Friday
We are looking for someone professional and enthusiastic to support the Finance team to ensure that all purchase invoices are registered and processed efficiently. This position will also assist with other financial and associated administrative tasks.
To actively engage with our clients, exceeding their expectations and ensuring all aspects of the customer journey are effectively delivered.
To support the Finance Department with maintaining the Purchase Ledger ensuring that it is kept up to date and managed effectively. This, together with other financial tasks, is the key to ensuring that we are able to produce timely and accurate financial reports. To assist with other financial and associated administrative tasks as required. The following tasks are an example list and duties will vary according to day-to-day deadline requirements.
• To have a full knowledge of the purchase ledger process and nominal coding system and be responsible for maintaining and keeping the purchase ledger up to date.
• To manage the accounts payable mail box.
• To code invoices to the correct nominal codes and input to the Sage Line 50 accounting system.
• To match invoices to the relevant purchase orders and check pricing.
• To analyse invoice costs and report on any discrepancies.
• To prepare the twice monthly payment run and ad-hoc supplier payments.
• To reconcile supplier month end statements and chase up any outstanding invoices.
• To assist with the month end accruals for all costs that have been associated with a specific period where no invoice has been raised.
• To reconcile the month end food and bar stock control and post the relevant journals to the cost of sales accounts.
• To reconcile agents commission statements.
• To deal with cash book items, staff expense claims and draw up cheques when required.
• To assist with ad-hoc financial tasks as required.
• To assist with archiving financial records.
• To assist with the reconciliation of weekly cash and credit card takings and carry out banking trips as required.
• Any other duties as requested by the Management Accountant.
• To ensure that you abide by all of the policies and procedures in relation to our environmental policy, details and objectives of which are included in the staff handbook.
• To carry out any reasonable request made by a member of management in a timely and cost effective manner.
Accuracy and attention to detail are essential for this role and you will be calm under pressure, communicate clearly and enjoy working within a team. You will also possess strong administration and numeracy skills, along with detailed knowledge of both Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Sage 50 is desirable, although training will be given.
Along with a competitive salary we offer an excellent benefits package, which includes free on-site parking, free meals whilst on duty and a host of other in-house benefits.