Flexible hours between 06.30 – 23.00
Responsible for the service of all food and beverages to the Centre’s customers, including buffet service, private dining, coffee stations, breakout requirements and bar. The successful candidate/s will also assist the Study Centre Duty Manager and Technical Services Team with servicing the meeting rooms.
To actively engage with our clients, exceeding their expectations and ensuring all aspects of the customer journey are effectively delivered.
To be responsible for the service of all food and beverages to the Centre’s customers, including buffet service, private dining, coffee stations , breakout requirements and bar. Also to assist the Study Centre Duty Manager and Technical Services Team with servicing the meeting rooms.
- Ensure agreed standards of service are maintained in all areas and guests are treated in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure all areas where food and beverages are served are kept clean, tidy and hygienic.
- Laying and clearing of tables as appropriate to the particular service within the standards established.
- To regularly interact with clients during morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea breaks as appropriate, up selling facilities and services wherever possible. In the absence of the Guest Service Manager / Duty Manager to deal with customer requests in a professional manner.
- To assist other departments during each shift to include meeting room set up, the clearing of glasses and replenishment of water etc from conference rooms and general duties.
- Ensure stock levels in the Study Centre are maintained using agreed procedures and that stock is rotated to maximise profit and quality of goods sold.
- Provide suggestions on how the product / service we offer can be improved
- Ensure correct use of equipment and that any faults are reported immediately to the Duty Manager.
- Any other duties as requested by the Deputy General Manager or Food and Beverage Service Manager .
- To carry out any reasonable request made by a member of management in a timely and cost effective manner.
Health and Safety
You must ensure that all Food Hygiene, Health, Safety and Security regulations are adhered to at all times, this includes the fire procedures and COSHH regulations, all of which you will be made aware. Please ensure that you report any faults or infringements of these procedures or act immediately where appropriate to correct them. You have a duty to carry out work so that you never put yourself or others at risk, creating a safer working environment for everyone.
Training and Development
The Møller Centre has a Company Business Plan which sets out the aims and objectives of the Centre and what we hope to achieve. As part of the process of achieving these objectives, we are committed to train and develop all our staff.
You will be provided with all the relevant statutory training required for you to carry out your role safely and further training requirements would be discussed at your personal development review.
As outlined in the Company Business Plan all staff are expected to contribute to the business taking responsibility for the delivery of consistent service excellence to clients thereby exceeding their expectations.