Full time – between 06:30 – 23:00, including some weekends.
We are looking for a highly motivated hospitality professional to support the Food and Beverage Manager to achieve service excellence through client engagement and team collaboration.
This is a floor based role, where strong planning, organisation and attention to detail are essential skills, as is a real commitment to maintaining high service standards in all areas.
The successful candidate must have a passion and enthusiasm to induct and train new staff on our standards and procedures. They will also have the ability and confidence to run small events independently, as required, supporting with the pre-planning process to ensure a seamless delivery.
Previous experience with stock taking, ordering and invoice entry would be highly desirable, along with a sound level of numeracy and understanding of Microsoft Office. A First Aid qualification would also be desirable.
- To ensure that agreed standards of service, cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in all areas in accordance with correct procedures.
- To carry out, as requested, daily checks of the restaurant, coffee service areas, study centre, bar and preparation areas, ensuring they are ready for appropriate times with all daily, weekly and monthly procedures completed.
- To regularly interact with clients during morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea breaks and evening meals as appropriate, up selling facilities and services wherever possible.
- To support with the pre planning of events as required, with a particular focus on lunch in the Tower Lounge Bar and the Study Centre.
- To be actively involved in the service of food and beverages to guests of the Institute, taking responsibility for smaller events in any designated area as required.
- To deal with all customer requests in a professional manner in the absence of the Guest Service Manager/Duty Manager.
- To assist the Food and Beverage Manager with the induction and training of new staff to ensure familiarisation with all systems and procedures, as requested.
- To ensure effective communication is maintained with all departments and the relevant people informed of any relevant changes.
- Support with ordering and stock take, including invoice entry, as and when required.
- To assist other departments during each shift to include meeting room set up, the clearing of glasses and replenishment of waters from conference rooms and general duties as required.
- Ensure stock levels in the Study Centre are maintained using agreed procedures and that stock is rotated to maximise profit and maintain the quality of goods sold.
- Ensure equipment is used safely and is maintained and cleaned to the required standard, with any faults reported to the Duty Manager.
- Provide suggestions on how the product/service we offer can be improved.
- Any other duties as requested by the Food and Beverage Manager and Deputy General Manager.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by a member of management in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To ensure that you abide by all of the policies and procedures in relation to our environmental policy, details and objectives of which are included in the staff handbook.
Along with a competitive salary we offer an excellent benefits package, which includes free on-site parking, free meals whilst on duty and a host of other in-house benefits.