We are looking for a customer focused individual with strong attention to detail skills, someone who is able to actively engage with our team and our clients and drive standards within the Housekeeping Team.
37.5 hours a week. 10 days over 14, including weekends as required
The successful candidate will be required to assist and support the Front of House Manager and Housekeeping Manager in the day to day running of the Housekeeping Department, working with the team in a ‘hands on’ capacity to ensure a high level of cleanliness is maintained in all areas, exceeding our client’s expectations.
Experience in planning and strong communication skills are essential. Passion and commitment to maintaining high standards along with the ability to prioritise, motivate and influence the Housekeeping team on a daily basis is also required. Experience in appraising, recruitment, training and induction would be highly desirable.
- To actively engage with our clients, exceeding their expectations and ensuring all aspects of the customer journey are effectively delivered.
- To assist the Front of House Manager and Housekeeping Manager in the day-to-day running of the Housekeeping Department, working with the team to ensure a high degree of cleanliness in all areas of the Centre.
- To ensure agreed standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in all public areas in accordance with correct procedures and administration.
- To ensure agreed standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in all bedrooms in accordance with correct procedures and administration.
- To organise day to day work requirements and set required standards against which work will be checked, in accordance with correct procedures and administration.
- To ensure that all equipment, furniture and furnishings are maintained, checked and kept in good working order in accordance with correct procedures and report all relevant faults.
- Ensure linen is dealt with in accordance with the Centre’s procedures and administration.
- To ensure that special requests from guests are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To ensure that any complaints or feedback from guests are dealt with in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To be responsible, with the support of the Housekeeping Manager, for the recruitment, induction and ongoing training of staff, including appraisals and discipline issues of prime time staff where necessary, in accordance with correct procedures and administration.
- To support in the completion of rosters as required to ensure they are consistent, cost effective and completed in a timely manner, ensuring last minute changes are kept to a minimum and communicated clearly to the team.
- Liaise with relevant departments, in a timely fashion, to ensure that the guests expectations are consistently met and where possible exceeded.
- To take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of guests, property and the building.
- To ensure that all necessary housekeeping is carried out in all areas of the Centre for the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
- Ensure cleaning stores, linen room, trolleys and materials are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure the Centre’s procedures are carried out when recording any items taken from stores.
- Carry out any other duties required by the Front of House Manager or Housekeeping Manager and deputise in their absence.
- To work with and supervise the team in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, in accordance with correct procedures and administration.
- In conjunction with the Front of House Manager and the Housekeeping Manager ensure periodic cleaning is carried out.
- To ensure that you abide by all of the policies and procedures in relation to our environmental policy, details and objectives of which are included in the staff handbook.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by a member of management in a timely and cost effective manner.
Health and Safety
You must ensure that all Health, Safety and Security regulations are adhered to at all times, this includes the fire procedures, manual handling, COSHH, sharps and VDU regulations, all of which you will be made aware. Please ensure that you report any faults or infringements of these procedures or act immediately where appropriate to correct them. You have a duty to carry out work so that you never put yourself or others at risk, creating a safer working environment for everyone.
Learning and Development
The Møller Centre has a Company Business Plan which sets out the aims and objectives of the Centre and what we hope to achieve. As part of the process of achieving these objectives, we are committed to develop all our staff.
You will be provided with all the relevant statutory training required for you to carry out your role safely and further development requirements would be discussed at your personal development review.
As outlined in the Company Business Plan all staff are expected to contribute to the business taking responsibility for the delivery of consistent service excellence to clients thereby exceeding their expectations.