We are looking for an experienced Receptionist to join our existing Reception team. This is a fixed term position to cover maternity leave in the first instance. Efficient and effective planning and organisational skills are required, along with exceptional administration skills and a high level of attention to detail.
A high level of literacy and numeracy skills are required as well as a strong understanding of Microsoft Office and database software. The ability to work both on your own and as part of a team is essential.
Full time, working between the hours of 07.00-22.00, including some weekends.
You will be committed to delivering a consistent, professional service and will strive to exceed our customer’s expectations at every opportunity. Experience in a dynamic hotel or similar environment, as well as experience in reservations is highly desirable.
- To provide a professional meet and greet service to our guests as they arrive, which is often based outside the main entrance to ensure a positive arrival experience and to provide appropriate directions.
- To ensure that guests are checked in and out using the correct procedures.
- To ensure that bedroom reservations are taken in the appropriate manner, using the correct procedures.
- To provide support in researching new business opportunities and competitor analysis.
- To consistently deliver high levels of customer service to our clients, providing information as requested about the Centre or Cambridge.
- To liaise with relevant departments about updates, in a timely fashion, to ensure that guests needs are met or exceeded.
- To deal with complaints effectively and with diplomacy.
- To deal appropriately with all incoming calls through the main switchboard.
- To deal appropriately with all guests coming to reception and arrange whatever help they may request during their stay.
- To ensure that all postings, revenue and income is balanced daily and the float is checked on each shift and change is ordered when necessary.
- To ensure that all-incoming and outgoing mail is dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all signage and menus are printed at the correct time.
- Ensure communication and shift handovers are such that reception can operate effectively after your shift is complete.
- To provide support in ordering and maintaining stock levels of stationery and relevant gift cabinet items where needed.
We offer a competitive salary together with a host of in-house benefits to include free on-site parking and meals whilst on duty.